Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One For the Record Books!

So today, I experienced a first for me personally.  Something that I didn't realize could happen or that I could actually plan so brilliantly that it would be possible!(I was totally shocked at the check out, did not plan this deal up at all!)  Have I got your interest peaked??  On my shopping trip today, I went to CVS and to Kroger.  I had a plan at CVS to purchse two transactions in order to maximize my ECB.  Also, if you still have your FREE Excedrin Coupons this is a great way to make good use of them. My first transaction went MUCH better than planned!  Here's a photo of my items:

Retail Cost of : $29.74 +Tax of $1.61 = $31.35
My Subtotal before tax was: .58-!!!! (negative 58 cents!!)
Tax:  $1.61 (- the .58 credit)
Total: $1.03!!! - I SO wish I could have posted a pic of the recpt. but it was too blurred to read :(
I have never had a total drop below $0.  Didn't even know it was possible!  Here's how it worked out:
Crest Mouth Wash - $3.99
Huggies Diapers - $8.99 (for a gift)
Excedrin ES 20 ct - $5.49
Excedrin Migraine 24 ct - $2.64 (Buy one get one 50% off)
Excedrin ES 24 ct - $4.79
Excedrin PM 8 ct - .99
Note:  all the Excedrins had FREE 8 ct bottles attached to them, so be on the look for those when you go!
I used:
$2.00 off Huggies from 1/26
$2.00 off Huggies CVS coupon
$2.00 off Crest Mouthwash - 12/26 PG
(3)FREE Excedrin Coupns we rec'd in the mail a few weeks back - $5.99 ea total - $17.97
3.50 off Excedrin PM, no size restriction, rec'd these by mail too
Total - .58-!!!  Of course I did have to pay part of the tax, so out of pocket cost was $1.03
BUT, I got back $3.99 ECB on the mouthwash and $1.00 ECB on the Diapers 

Transaction #2:


(5) 12 packs of Coke - $15.00
I used: 
$10 ECB from last weeks Pepsi Deal
$3.99 ECB from Tran. #1
$1.00 ECB from Tran. #1
Subtotal: .01 + .90 tax = .91
Total out of pocket - .91 cents AND
I got back a $5.00 ECB!!

Total of both Transactions -
Retail $47.25
Final Cost:  $1.94! + $5.00 ECB

Kroger Shopping was good too!  I paid $56.99 for some staple items, snacks for the upcoming snow :( and groceries for the week for my family of 4! 

This brings me to my question of the day...Have you ever gotten your total below $0?  Were you aware that the store would allow this?  Leave a comment with your experience...I can't wait to hear 'em!



No comments:

Post a Comment