Friday, April 15, 2011

Let's Use Our Frugal Shopping Skills for a Good Cause!

I have been contacted by a Frugal Friend in regards to the terrible tragedy that has occurred in our local community.  I am sure that most of you have heard on the news or read in the paper about the tragic death of pregnant mother, Jamie Stice.  If you have not, you can read about it here or here.  Tomorrow, she would have been celebrating with a baby shower for her new baby on the way.  A memorial Baby Shower is now planned and donations of baby items such as diapers, wipes, bottles, clothing are requested to help the family with the newborn's needs.  There is a drop off location in Rockfield listed on the Daily News Article or if you will let me know, I can get them to the contact I have and we will see that the family gets the items you wish to donate.

There is also a Facebook Page Event set up for Jamie's Baby Shower if you would like to check it out for more details.

This is one of the best parts of frugal shopping...giving back.  If you would like to donate or have more questions, please email me at thefrugalfriends@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment